Friday, February 14, 2014

Food Friday: Lemon Oreo


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! 

I have always been a fan of "fruity" flavors ever since I can remember.  Being a female I was always surprised to not be a big fan of chocolate flavored sweets.  Banana, strawberry, and lemon are examples of flavors that make my tastebuds jump for joy!  So, when I saw the Lemon Oreos I just had to get them!

I found these at Walmart for $2.99 and still am not sure if they are limited edition since the packaging doesn't state so.  Back in 2012, Oreo launched a similar limited edition flavor called "Lemon Twist" that was quite popular.  


I found these to be good and you can definitely taste the lemon flavor but it is rather subtle.  I do wish that they could have had a more "tart like lemon" flavor.  The filling is the same amount as a traditional Oreo and the cookie part is like a Golden Oreo.  The lemon flavor would have been spot on if the cookie part was lemon flavored also.  Girl Scout Cookies Lemonades flavor is one of my favorite brands of lemon flavored cookies and I was hoping these would be just as good.  


Overall, they are worth picking up if you happen to see them on the shelves.  

Afiyet Olsun!

Nutritional Info: 
Serving Size - 2 cookies 
Calories - 150 
Fat - 7g 
Sodium - 80mg
Carbs - 21g 
Protein - less than 1g


  • Taste:  3/5
  • Value:  5/5
  • Originality: 2/5





No comments:

Post a Comment