Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Simple No Fuss Makeup

Hello Everyone!

Some mornings I really don't want to spend too much time getting ready.  Yesterday was one of those mornings and it inspired me to share my routine with you guys!  It might be a day where I'm just running errands or I just want a simple look that takes no more than 10-15 minutes.  Here is my version of that look below.  For me a look like this only requires a few of your "go to" products and can be applied every day if wanted.  

* Please know that being an AVON Representative does not prevent me from giving honest reviews.  I am given products from many companies and I believe that some things work and others don't.  My reviews and recommendations always come from the heart! :)
I have some makeup on but I think it looks very natural.  One thing I didn't do was line my water line.  I usually use a brown eye pencil and I notice how different my whole face looks without it.  Just eliminating one simple product makes a world of difference.
Here is a closeup of my eyes.  I added just a touch of the AVON Diamonds pencil in vanilla right in the corners.  It's a waterproof shadow and looks like a big crayon.  I didn't include that one in the photos.  Sort of a last minute item. 

I think this look is simple yet you could easily add to it for a night time look later.  I've been reading some Turkish beauty magazines and really liked a look similar to this on a model I saw.

Below are the products that I used:


This is my second tube and I am truly loving this BB cream.  It is so light and the color matches my skin tone perfectly.  I have it in light-medium and I use the medium color over the summer when my skin is just a shade darker.  I like that the coverage can be built from light to medium and it doesn't have a dewy finish.  I don't need to put powder on if I use this.  With that said, I am looking forward to seeing how it is in the winter when my skin is drier.  
AVON


This is my favorite concealer and I purchased it at QVC online.  I was unsure at first because of the price but they were right when they said you only needed just a touch.  It has a creamy consistency but it is quite thick.  I rub just a little between my fingers and then apply it by blotting.  A trick is to never rub your under eye area because the skin is so thin and you want just a light touch.  I have it in the shade medium and it stays on all day.  Definitely give this one a try!

This was a gift with purchase that I recieved a while back and clearly I don't use it enough.  Dior has long since changed their packaging and I won't even go into what year this is probably from. What I like about this is that these two colors go really well together.  The brown is completely matte but the cream color has a hint of shimmer to it.  I applied the cream color to my lid and then added the darker shade to my crease and blended with a fluffy brush.  I then took the applicator (the one on the right) and lined the bottom of my top lid with the darker shade (kind of used it like eyeliner).  It is a technique that my mom always used since brushes are too "complicated" for her. I love you mom!


This is one of my favorite mascaras and the brush is what makes it so darn good.  As most of you know most Avon mascaras have a wet formula and you do need to give It a second to dry before applying the next coat.  The brush really grabs a hold of your lashes and elongates them as it thickens.  You can really see the effect on the close up photo that I took and the price makes it even better.  This is my "go to" budget mascara! 



Enemy Noel from Beauty Broadcast posted a photo of the new medicated balms a while back and I finally found them at my local Walmart.  This shade called berry soft looked nice in the packaging and my dry lips were just ready to be pampered.  The only thing that I don't like about it is the scent.  It reminds me of Vicks or cough syrup.  The ingredients list eucalyptus as one of the ingredients and I should have expected that since it is a "medicated" lip balm.  It gives my lips a nice light color as well as moisture but I really can't get past the scent.  Sadly, I won't be buying anymore of these.  Interestingly, Walmart was the only place that I saw this product.

I hope you enjoyed this look.  Please post any comments or questions below.  Also, share your favorite "no fuss" looks.
I hope you have a great day and remember to "Make Each Day Count."










No comments:

Post a Comment