Monday, September 30, 2013

Shades of Green: From Mint to Emerald

I was at Starbucks this past summer drinking my earl grey tea when I was thinking about how many beauty/fashion related items that I have in black or brown.  So, I've really been motivating myself to start purchasing more items in colors that I really don't own and "experiment" a little bit.  Green was the first color that I started branching out into.  Maybe green popped into my head that day because of the Starbucks umbrella that I was staring at across from me.   Who knows but it is a color that I have been having fun with lately.  I wanted to share with you my top favorite "green" things that I have been enjoying.  Now I'm not talking being "green" but the color green.  Hopefully, it will inspire you to put down those brown shoes and pick a "new" color instead.

*  I kept my lips on the nude/pink side as I think it pairs really well with green colored makeup.  Green tends to brighten up your eyes and you want that to be the focus of your face instead of your lips.  I find this to be the case even with the lightest shade of green.


Wet N' Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil "Envy" 

$1.99 (drugstores) 





Wet N' Wild has become one of my favorite drugstore brands and they always seem to surprise me on a consistent basis.  This has been one of my favorite creamy chubby pencils!  It's a metallic forest green color but it's not too sparkly.  It has a creamy consistency and glides on sooooo easily.  I also like that you can layer more of the product to provide a deeper and richer look.  You get a much more longer wear if you pat it with a similiar color eyeshadow.  However, I would not recommend this on your waterline because it does sting.

AVON Big Color Eye Pencil "Smoky Sage"

$3.99
AVON



This is another chubby pencil and it is the perfect "Army" green.  I believe the color used to be called "celadon."  It is super long wearing and is also sweat proof.  I tend to have oily eyelids especially in the summer and this never fails me.  This is sort of a matte finish and is not shimmery at all.  It goes on really smooth and I can also blend it with my finger.  I use the "vanilla" shade on mornings where I'm running a little behind because I can just swipe the color on my lids and go!

Here's a swatch of both pencils.  You can see the shimmer in the Wet N' Wild and the more matte finish of the AVON pencil.  They are even more beautiful in person.

AVON NAILWEAR PRO+ Nail Enamel "Olive Green"

$3.99
AVON

Do you like my camouflage bandage for my pinky?  I think it went perfect with the color!  I never thought that I would like the shade "green" for my nails but this color really surprised me.  I received it as part of a beauty kit a while back with some of my demo items.  I usually tend to lean towards reds and pinks for my nails but this is a perfect shade for fall.  I applied two coats but the color is so rich that one coat was more than enough.  It's a high shine color that's pretty dramatic and I didn't even apply a top coat.   Sadly,  AVON does not carry this shade anymore and eBay is out of stock most of the time.  They have a color called "Tempted" in their Fall 2013 collection and I linked it above under the price.  


Moda-Luxe Bag "Mint"

$49.99
Moda-Luxe


This was one of my favorite bags for summer.  It held up so well to my bottle of sunscreen, iPad, wallet, makeup, and everything else I put in there.  The photo above is from Target's website as I couldn't get good lighting to show the true color.  It is an amazing bag and the color isn't quite as bright as "mint green" and it is sort of muted color.  It has a 14" strap and plenty of roomy pockets on the inside.  The handle is really sturdy but I do wish that this came in more colors.  I'm glad that I picked up this fun shade over the summer and look forward to using it some more.  Moda-Luxe is an eco-friendly brand and I've only seen their bags carried at Target.  I like that their bags have a luxury look at an affordable cost.

Now you close your eyes and picture the color green.  What do you think of?  Kermit the Frog, a Kelly Green purse, or lush grass over Ireland?  Comment below and share with me.

Thanks so much for checking out my post!

"Make Each Day Count."



No comments:

Post a Comment