Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gray and Pink Look

Hi everyone!  I was inspired to create a soft look with some of the new duos that I picked up from AVON's new eyeshadow collection.  It was raining here for quite a few weeks and that must have been why I chose the color gray in my look. Luckily, the sun is out today! 


So, all you need is a pink and gray eyeshadow (I chose a light gray and a sort of a pale pink color), eye primer, black mascara, and a glossy bright pink lip color.  I skipped the blush because of how red my cheeks have been since I used the Rodan and Fields AMP roller the night before.  My skin has been loving it!  ;) 

Let's take a look! 







I am seriously loving this under eye concealer by e.l.f.  I actually used it as a primer also because I ran out of their ($1.00) primer which is also excellent.  The best thing about this highlighter is that it is only $3.00.  Yes!  I did also use this under my eyes as a concealer and I highlighted my brow bone with the highlighter (the white portion).   

You can see how creamy it is and the coverage is really good.  This was one swipe and I don't notice any creasing.  This is one of my e.l.f. favorites.  Don't let the white color worry you because you don't even see it on your eyes.  All you notice is that it brightens up the area and you know we all need a little brightness in the eye area.  


I chose "Gray Matters" from one of AVON's new eyeshadow duos and was impressed that the color was pretty pigmented.  I don't own any of these colors in my collection and I like that it has a hint of shimmer.  I wanted to take an up-close photo because these are not matte and I know that some people prefer matte.  I wouldn't call this "sparkly" either but it's definetly not matte.  


This was just one swipe without primer and the color is definitely buildable.  I can see the gray eyeshadow combined with many other colors for a darker smoky evening look.  I applied the pink all over my lids and in the corner of my eyes with an eyeshadow brush and then the gray on my crease.  I used a clean fluffy brush to build the gray until I had the intensity I wanted.  I then took a flat eyeliner brush and applied the gray eyeshadow to the bottom of my eyes.  It can be a bit powdery, so I used a light hand as I applied it on my eyes.  Very happy overall with this.



Next, a coat of black mascara.  This was my first time using this one from Rimmel.  I like it but it didn't wow me.  It was also one of Rimmel's more expensive mascaras.  I do like the tube and the fun metallic chartreuse color.  I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and have not noticed a difference in my lashes.  It's just an ok mascara for me but it did separate them quite nicely.  


Lastly, I applied a fun and shiny shade of pink on my lips.  This is "Pink Icing" by mark. and it looks really bright in the tube and is more of a medium coverage on the lips with loads of shine.  It's a very pretty color and with the shine, you don't need a separate gloss.  Their "Lipclick" lipsticks all have a magnet on them so you can be sure that the caps stays put in your purse.  Clever invention!

I hope you liked this look and share your comments below.  Have a great week and remember to make each day count!  


Turkish Delights of the Day
  • I'm so glad that Thanksgiving is coming up!  Excited to spend some time with family and overdose on carbohydrates. 
  •  I had a chance to Skype with my husband A.J. who is in deployed in South Korea for over 30 minutes the other day.  It was really great seeing him!
  • I've started tutoring one of my former students and it's been so great helping her with her reading skills!









No comments:

Post a Comment