Friday, September 20, 2013

Review of the brand Hobo




This past weekend, I received an early birthday present from my husband and mother in-law.  I have been really on the prowl for a classic black leather bag that I can use on a daily basis.  As I opened up the gift bag, I got a whiff of the scent of leather which made me even more excited.  Below is the beautiful bag and I don't just call every bag beautiful. :) 

I had never heard of the brand Hobo and I was interested in finding out more about their line.  Turns out the creator Toni Ray and her daughter Koren started their passion for leather in Annapolis, Maryland back in 1991.  Over 20 years later, it is now sold to over 3,000 retailers worldwide.  Koren states her motto is "Cool is when vintage meets modern" and that precisely describes what their style is as I browsed through their website.  The one I have is called "Joyce" and it has a unique middle zipper in the middle of the bag with a funky print on the inside.  The clutch is called "Legendary Lauren" and can also be used as a wallet.


Hobo Bags


I just love the fabric on the inside.  This is a great middle pocket that is zippered.  I keep my phone and keys in here.  The zipper adds that extra security so nothing falls out. 

I am loving this fabric!
The clutch/wallet open with more card slots. 

The 411: This is a soft "broken in" leather bag with brushed nickel hardware that has a hint of vintage to it.  The 14" strap is thick and sturdy and doesn't slide off of your arm.  As summer comes to an end,  I think about which purses I will be wearing with what coats because I hate when they slide down your shoulder.  The thickness of the strap makes me feel like this one will be a winner.  The multiple zippered pockets make it stylish and functional for small and medium items such as your phone or makeup products.  It comes with a price tag of $268.00 and I agree it's well worth the cost for a classic bag that will be enjoyed for years to come.  The clutch is definitely a serious hunk of leather and can easily be used on it's own due to it's size as well as the amount of zipper space and card slots it has inside.  The brushed nickel hardware is sturdy and adds an edge to the vintage look.  I could seriously see myself bringing this out for a night on the town all by itself.  The clutch comes with a price tag of $110.00.  If you are in the market to purchase a new leather bag, I would check out Hobo for their unique colors choices, styles, and overall quality.   I've got my eye on a amber satchel named "Mariella." :) Happy Shopping!

P.S. Military Spouses:  Keep in mind that they do sell this brand at several military bases.  Since we are a military family, I often check to see if certain items are stocked on bases. Quantico Marine Corps Base in Virginia does carry this line.  



1 comment: